CBD Oil for Nausea
Nowadays, CBD products are used for a bunch of reasons. From fighting anxiety to alleviating chronic pain, CBD is raging in the market. Current research has shown that cannabidiol oil has the potential to reduce nausea and vomiting in patients. Let’s find out how CBD for nausea works and how effective it is.
9 Best CBD Oil for Nausea in 2022
View all CBD Oil for Nausea
What is nausea?
Nausea is an unpleasant defense mechanism of the human body where the brain is tricked to think that toxins or harmful chemicals have entered your body, resulting in vomiting. There is no clear trigger for what causes nausea because the reasons are diverse. Though there are several remedies, finding the right one can be tricky.
What can be the possible causes?
There can be various underlying health conditions like:
- Viral infections – Patients suffering from common flu may feel nauseous.
- Food poisoning – This is a common cause that leads to nausea and vomiting. Your body project itself by throwing out the contaminated food.
- Gastrointestinal problems – Several gastrointestinal issues can cause nausea like, GERD, IBS, and more.
- Chemotherapy – Patients undergoing chemotherapy have suffered from nausea and vomiting. This is a significant side effect and a common symptom in cancer patients.
- Migraines – People suffering from migraines face severe headaches, dizziness, nausea, light sensitivity, and more.
- Anxiety – Anxiety is a rising mental health concern that puts a lot of stress on the digestive system. For some, this can lead to nausea.
- Medicine side effects – A wide variety of medications can make you nauseous.
- Motion sickness – Generally, this occurs when people are traveling in a boat or car, or plane.
What is CBD oil?
Wondering how to eliminate nausea? CBD oil for nausea is a potential cure!
CBD stands for cannabidiol that is found in the marijuana plant and in the industrial hemp plant. The oil is extracted from the latter via CO2 or alcohol extraction process and is then refined. Sometimes, CBD oil is blended with coconut oil or hemp oil, or olive oil to make the absorption better.
The active compound is responsible for various therapeutic effects. When the substance enters our body, it begins interacting with the endocannabinoid system (ECS). CBD prompts this system to take action by calming down the nerves. To know more about CBD oil, you can check our top 10 product list.
Can it manage nausea?
Since CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, it alleviates nausea and vomiting. The ECS interacts with different biological processes like, the nervous system, the digestive system, and the immune system. The system has endocannabinoids, which our body naturally generates, and cannabinoid receptors, which are scattered throughout the body.
ECS uses these receptors to send signals to maintain homeostasis and biological responses. Now, when one consumes cannabinoids externally, it interacts in the same way with the system and produces the same effects. The two most important receptors are:
- CB1 receptors – These are present in the central nervous system, including the spinal cord and the brain.
- CB2 receptors – These are present in the peripheral nervous system.
As these receptors are spread throughout the body, the endocannabinoid system can focus on the problematic areas. Similarly, when you experience nausea, the ECS communicates with the CB2 receptors and sends a signal to the digestive system. Thus, marijuana for nausea is an effective treatment because it interacts with both the receptors.
What’s the right dosage?
Honestly, the effects of CBD vary from one individual to another. When it comes to nausea, a low dosage is enough to provide you with relief. The only way to find out what works the best is to start at a minimal amount and then increase the dosage to reap the benefits. Also, follow our review section for better insight.
How should you take CBD oil?
There’re different ways in which you can consume cannabis for nausea:
- Sublingual method – Probably, this is the easiest way to take cannabis oil. The process is to put the droplets under your tongue and hold it for a few minutes. This allows the capillary blood vessels to absorb the oil and enter the digestive system. As the oil varies in potency and strength, check the product’s label before consuming it. – This is yet another convenient method to take CBD oil, but it takes longer to work. If you’re looking for instant relief from nausea, capsules may not be a smart choice. However, for tasteless experience, this can be a good option. – For CBD oil to act fast and curb the feeling of nausea, you can go for vaping. By inhaling the vapor, the CBD compound reaches your lungs immediately and to your bloodstream as well.
- Adding oil to drink or food – Not a fan of the bitter hemp taste? Now, you can add this oil to your food or beverage, and eventually, it will make its way to your system. However, there’s a little setback. Much of CBD content is lost when the food is digested. – CBD oil is present in gummies, which one can take any time. Edibles are long-lasting and a fine option to beat nausea.
Want to know more about CBD oil products? Check our top 9 product list!
More choices available
How safe it is to consume?
Safety is a prime concern whenever you’re choosing an alternative to medicine. Generally, CBD is safe to consume because it generates mild side effects. Many don’t experience any side effects at all, but the possible ones are:
- Change in appetite;
- Increase in blood pressure levels;
- Dry mouth;
- Drug interactions.
Out of these, the only concerning side effect is the interaction of hemp oil with other medicines. Henceforth, you need to talk to your physician before switching to cannabidiol products. Moreover, a pregnant or nursing woman should not consume CBD. Check our reviews to know more.
How to buy CBD oil?
Now, when you have decided to purchase CBD hemp oil for nausea, you need to find the right product. Here’s how you’re going to find one.
- Choose brands that test their products and ingredients through third-party lab testing. The truth is the CBD industry is not regulated; hence look for reputable manufacturers, who go through different processes to ensure safety and standard of the product.
- Always buy CBD products that are extracted from industrial hemp plants. Avoid choosing products that are extracted from marijuana because they contain THC and are illegal.
- Check the labels to see if the products are free of synthetic ingredients and other additives.
- When in doubt, ask a medical professional for suggestions.
- Go through the reviews prior to the purchase.
Can you mix it with other anti-nausea herbs?
To enjoy maximum benefits and stronger effects, you can mix CBD oil with different anti-nausea herbs, such as chamomile, lemon balm, ginger, peppermint, and more. You can add the mixture to your drink and sip it whenever necessary. Browse through our top 10 product list to find a suitable oil to blend with herbs.
It’s pretty clear that CBD oil helps people to get rid of nausea and vomiting. This has become a potential alternative to drugs, especially for patients undergoing chemotherapy or going through anxiety or suffering from gastrointestinal issues. Considering the side effects of the medicines, CBD is considered a good option. However, before making the final call, research well, and speak to a medical professional if required.
As you are including CBD oil in your routine, proper guidance is necessary. CBD has considerable other benefits as well which you will enjoy once you start consuming. With no presence of THC, there’ll be no psychotic effects.
Pet Owner Education: CBD Oil for Nausea
Nausea is a common problem in dogs and cats and is one of the more common reasons pets are brought into the veterinarian’s office. Nausea is most commonly manifested by vomiting, but a dog or cat can also be nauseous if they are:
- Licking their lips
- Acting anxious
- Refusing to eat
Nausea can be a sudden, short-lived episode, or an indication of a chronic issue.
When a pet has a sudden onset of nausea, there are many possible causes. They may have eaten something that irritated their gastrointestinal system (such as an irritant, toxin, or a foreign object).
They could also have:
- A viral, bacterial, or parasitic infection
- Motion sickness
- Side effects to certain prescription drugs
- A reaction to a sudden change in diet
- Long term nausea can also have multiple causes. Pets can experience extended periods of nausea and vomiting with:
- Kidney diseaseLiver disease
- Addison’s disease
These ailments can all exhibit extended periods of nausea and vomiting in the patient. Chronic nausea leads to more problems because it results in:
- Weight loss
Common drugs prescribed for nausea can have side effects including:
- Abdominal pain
- Low blood pressure
CBD has an important role in the future of medicine. CBD is a component of the cannabis plant. It is non-psychoactive, which means that it doesn’t produce the high commonly associated with marijuana. CBD is currently used by many patients who seek an alternative form of therapy without the unwanted side effects.
Compelling research studies have shown CBD to be powerful and effective in preventing and suppressing nausea. Further, research has shown that CBD suppresses nausea caused by a disease or medication and nausea that pets can feel in response to a conditioned event. Researchers found that “the expression of this conditioned retching reaction was completely suppressed by pretreatment with…cannabidiol (CBD).” Furthermore, studies indicate chronic use of CBD has not been shown to elicit negative side effects and does not induce tolerance.
Continue to explore and learn more about cannabinoid therapy right here, as we update you on the latest research and findings.
Can CBD Oil Make You Nauseous?
Even though the vast majority of users never experience nausea from CBD oil, a small percentage of consumers has to deal with this unpleasant side effect.
There are only a couple of potential reasons behind this occurrence, and in this article we will help you to pinpoint and resolve this tedious issue.
The first potential culprit is the carrier oil .
CBD oils are extracted from hemp, but CBD oil producers also add a carrier oil in the manufacturing process, which is an essential ingredient in every CBD oil formulation.
For instance, we use organically-grown hemp seed oil for the carrier oil, but other producers use a wide variety of oils for the “carrier”, including coconut oil, olive oil, MCT oil, emu oil and grapeseed oil.
Of all these carrier oils, people generally experience nausea from coconut oil and MCT oil, but it’s possible that you’re sensitive to any of these types of oil.
The second reason is the dosage .
CBD has a biphasic effect, which essentially means that different doses are able to produce different effects.
For instance, low doses of CBD oil generally produce wakefulness, while large doses tend to induce lethargy and tiredness in some consumers.
Nausea is generally associated with large doses of CBD oil, so for example if you’re using a dose of 40mg of CBD , you might want to try 20mg of CBD and observe the effects that this lower dosage produces.
The third potential reason behind CBD oil-induced nausea is the overall quality of the oil .
Producing high-quality CBD oil is an expensive process, which is reflected in the price of the final product. This can easily be checked by comparing the prices of various reputable producers of CBD oil.
One of the most important aspects of any top-notch CBD product is the process for extracting CBD oil from the hemp plants.
For instance, our company uses a CO2 extraction method , which is the purest extraction process available for CBD oil.
Other less-costly extraction methods involve the use of chemicals, which often remain (in trace amounts) in the final product.
Needless to say, harsh chemicals in the body are more than capable of producing nausea, and various other types of discomfort.
Finally, the quality of hemp used in the production and the purity of the soil are also crucial factors. We use organically grown hemp for our CBD oil, which isn’t always the case with other less-reputable producers.