CBD for pain management
CBD is most commonly touted for its ability to help relieve pain. Whether chronic or acute, ailments and issues have certainly met their match with CBD. Plant powered relief, CBD gets to the root of the problem. It’s so much more than a bandaid and beneficial in more ways than one.
How to use CBD for pain management? Apply and reapply as needed until you feel the desired effect. For a topical (balms, salves, roll on or oil) we recommend applying then waiting 20-30 min for the sensations to subside. If you are still not feeling relief, reapply.
For an oral (or sublingual) application, consistency is everything, this is a long-term play. Stick with it, we recommend going through an entire bottle of our THRVIAL extract before making any judgements. This ailment and issue didn’t happen overnight, so sometimes they can take a little longer to rebalance.
THRIVAL Liquid Superfood – CBD Extract
Daily dose of this superfood, helps bring overall wellness to the body.
Revive – CBD Balm
CBD combined with botanicals to restore & relieve sore muscles and joints.
Recover – CBD Roll On
Roll-on relief that includes cold pressed, full-spectrum whole plant CBD blended with wild crafted herbs.
We find potency and purity in the confines of an organic/non-GMO foundation. We’re soil science nerds, and we believe premium product comes from the soil up.
Our unconventional process of refinement is second to none. Our single origin harvests are the cleanest form of CBD extract possible. We do NOT add any chemicals, over-heat, or strip the plant as with other common extraction methods.
- Pain Management
- Skin Balance
- Contact Us
- Terms of Service
- Find Us
- Wholesale Inquiry
- Become a LEEF Affiliate
SIGN UP FOR OFFERS, NEWS & MORE
Subscribe to get special offers and exclusive content.
This product contains no more than 0.3%
THC, including precursors, by weight.
LEEF Organics Review
LEEF Organics is passionate about organic, non-GMO CBD products. It grows it hemp in the open sun in the mountains of Northern California.
The company has a smaller product catalog than many of its competitors, but each item is high-quality. You’ll find one CBD oil and several topicals, including soaps, pain salves, and skin moisturizer.
LEEF Organics uses cold-pressed fermentation to make its CBD extracts. This process preserves many of the hemp plant’s natural cannabinoids and terpenes — which leaves you with a full-spectrum final product.
Although LEEF Organics tends to be a little more expensive than the competition, we believe that the quality makes up for the extra cost.
LEEF Organics provides non-GMO, organic CBD at reasonable prices. The company is passionate about sun-grown hemp and ensuring natural-growing practices.
As far as we can tell, LEEF Organic doesn’t donate to charitable organizations. We’d like to see the company contribute more to the CBD industry or charities for our full blessing in this category.
Hemp Source 4/5
LEEF Organics grows its hemp in Northern California — all of its plants are grown outdoors. LEEF Organics provides third-party test results for all of its products which can be viewed on its product pages.
Once LEEF Organics achieves USDA certified organic status, it’ll receive full points in this category.
Product Range 4/5
LEEF Organics offers a single tincture and a few CBD topicals. If you’re in the market for CBD topicals, LEEF Organics offers soaps, pain rubs, skin moisturizers, and more. If you’re looking for anything else, you’ll need to check out other companies.
LEEF Organics uses cold press extraction methods — which generally yield high-quality CBD extracts. However, the company gives us limited information about its processes, so it’s difficult to give LEEF Organics full points in this category.
LEEF Organics provides third-party test results for all of its products. The test results confirm that the products are free from heavy metals, pesticides, residual solvents, and more. As far as we can tell, LEEF Organics uses human-grade ingredients in all of its products.
Customer Service 5/5
LEEF Organics has a 30-day return policy for all unused and unopened products. The company is quick to respond to questions or concerns — we received thoughtful replies from LEEF Organics for all of our inquiries.
Table of Contents
LEEF Organics Review
About the Company: LEEF Organics
LEEF Organics is a firm believer in the power of CBD.
Emily Heitman, the cofounder of LEEF Organics, has seen the positive impacts of CBD firsthand and believes it should become a part of everyone’s daily routine for maintenance and preventative support.
The company uses cold-pressed fermentation to make its CBD extracts — a process that preserves many of hemp natural chemicals including cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, proteins, amino acids, and more.
Where Does LEEF Organics Source Its Hemp?
LEEF Organics’ farms are in Northern California. The company claims to use organic growing practices — all of its plants are grown outdoors without the use of fertilizers or pesticides.
LEEF Organics also provides third-party test results for all of its CBD extracts. We reviewed the results and found that the company’s extracts are free from pesticides, heavy metals, chemical residues, and residual solvents.
These test results can be viewed directly on the product pages — we applaud LEEF Organics for being open and honest about its CBD extracts.
Products Offered by LEEF Organics
LEEF Organics Thrive CBD Extract
LEEF Organics Revive Salve
LEEF Organics Nooks + Crannies Soap
LEEF Organics Recover Roll-On
LEEF Organics Wild Crafted CBD Skin Oil
1. CBD Oils & Tinctures
LEEF Organics Thrive CBD Extract
LEEF Organics Thrive CBD Extract 15 mL
4.5 / 5
|Total CBD:||375 mg|
|CBD Potency:||25 mg/mL|
|Cost per mg CBD:||$0.27|
The Thrive CBD Extract comes with 375 mg of full-spectrum CBD extract in a 15 mL bottle.
Aside from full-spectrum CBD, the only other ingredient in the formula is propanediol.
Propanediol is derived from corn and is commonly used to enhance the absorption of ingredients or to increase the product’s viscosity (thickness). It’s recognized as safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
LEEF Organics calls the Thrive CBD Extract a “superfood” but don’t let the marketing fool you — this is a CBD oil.
The company recommends taking two drops twice daily with food for best results.
LEEF Organics only offers one size, potency, and flavor. You can purchase the Thrive CBD Extract on the company’s website for $100.00.
2. CBD Topicals
A) LEEF Organics Revive Salve
LEEF Organics Revive Salve 60 mL
4.5 / 5
|Total CBD:||134 mg|
|CBD Potency:||2.23 mg/mL|
|Cost per mg CBD:||$$0.22|
LEEF Organics Revive topical salve is designed to provide relief from sore muscles and joints. It comes in a 2 oz container with 134 mg of CBD.
Like the company’s other products, the Revive salve is made with full-spectrum CBD.
The company uses whole flower “slow simmer reduction” to make the revive salve but doesn’t offer much information about this process.
LEEF Organics claims that the Revive salve can fight inflammation or reduce cramps. It also mentions that it’s safe to eat or drink and that some customers add it to their morning coffee.
In addition to full-spectrum CBD extract, you’ll find a few other ingredients with health benefits of their own.
LEEF Organics Revive Salve Key Ingredients
- Cacao Butter — Cacao butter is rich in fatty acids which can hydrate the skin and improve elasticity. It can also improve blood flow and provide natural protection against UV rays. People use cacao butter to reduce the appearance of scars, wrinkles, stretch marks, and other blemishes.
- Calendula — calendula has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties. It may help wounds heal faster, fight eczema, reduce acne, and soothe rashes.
- Grapeseed Oil — grapeseed oil can reduce acne, moisturize the skin, reduce inflammation, and minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lavender — lavender is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. It can reduce acne, help wounds heal faster, and fight acne. It also adds a pleasant scent to the topical.
- Peony — In traditional Chinese medicine, peony is used to reduce inflammation. It has also been used topically to reduce the symptoms of osteoarthritis, menstrual cramps, and cracked skin.
B) LEEF Organics Nooks + Crannies Soap
LEEF Organics Nooks + Crannies Soap
4.5 / 5
|Total CBD:||20 mg|
|Cost per mg CBD:||$1.10|
Nooks + Crannies is a CBD soap made with other herbal extracts and botanicals to keep your skin nourished and healthy.
Each bar of soap contains 20 mg of full-spectrum CBD and a unique blend of botanicals.
This product is available in four scents — cucumber melon, white tea and ginger, charcoal and clay, and black chamomile.
LEEF Organics claims that its Nooks + Crannies soap can soothe and moisturize your skin, calm irritation, and reduce inflammation.
As a bonus, the product packaging can be planted in your garden to grow organic, non-GMO tomatoes.
Nook + Crannies soap can be purchased for $22.00 per bar. Although it may seem expensive per mg of CBD, it’s important to consider the other high-quality ingredients in LEEF Organics’ formula.
Nook + Crannies Key Ingredients
- Activated Charcoal — Activated charcoal encourages bacteria, dirt, and other debris to come to the surface of the skin where it can be easily washed away.
- Coconut Oil — coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer for your body and face. It’s also rich in antioxidants — it can slow down the aging process and reduce damage from free radicals and the sun.
- Kaolin — Kaolin is a soft clay that can exfoliate dead cells and clear debris from your skin. It can unclog pores, reduce irritation, and fight acne.
- Lavender — lavender can kill bacteria and reduce inflammation. It may help to keep your skin soft and smooth while reducing irritation.
- Palm Oil — palm oil contains vitamins A, C, and E. It may work well to nourish skin affected by conditions like eczema or psoriasis and reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars.
- Spirulina — spirulina contains vitamin E, selenium, and tyrosine — all of which may reduce signs of aging. It can also reduce inflammation and encourage new cell growth.
- Soybean Oil — soybean oil contains antioxidants that can protect your skin from free radicals.
- Sunflower Oil — sunflower oil moisturizes your skin, fights acne, reduces signs of aging, and provides relief from inflammation.
- Tea Tree Oil — tea tree oil may fight dry skin and eczema, which may reduce itchiness and irritation. It’s also an anti-inflammatory that can provide relief from minor pains. Tea tree oil is antibacterial, which may help wounds heal faster.
C) LEEF Organics Recover Roll-On
LEEF Organics Recover Roll-On 60 mL
4.5 / 5
|Total CBD:||200 mg|
|CBD Potency:||3.33 mg/mL|
|Cost per mg CBD:||$0.20|
Recover comes in a convenient roll-on that allows you to apply the topical easily and evenly.
The non-greasy formula may provide relief from aches and pains in your muscles and joints.
Recover comes with 200 mg of CBD in a 60 mL container.
Although LEEF Organics claims that Recover is a full-spectrum topical, the third-party test results only show the presence of CBD.
LEEF Organics Recovery Key Ingredients:
- Camphor — camphor has antifungal and antibacterial properties that can fight infections and help wounds heal faster. It provides a tingling sensation that may reduce pain and inflammation.
- Jojoba Ester — jojoba is remarkably similar to our skin’s natural oils which makes it an excellent addition to keep your skin moisturized and protected. It can also help exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Menthol: Menthol is a common ingredient in pain-relief topicals. It has a cooling effect that can reduce pain. It’s commonly used for injuries or to minimize the symptoms of conditions like arthritis, cramps, or sprains.
- Lovage: lovage can fight psoriasis and acne, or reduce inflammation by increasing blood flow to the surface of the skin.
- Licorice Root: licorice root contains antioxidants that can protect your skin from sun damage. It can also reduce signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines.
D) LEEF Organics Wild Crafted CBD Skin Oil
LEEF Organics Wild Crafted CBD Skin Oil 15 mL
4.5 / 5
|Total CBD:||84 mg|
|CBD Potency:||5.6 mg/mL|
|Cost per mg CBD:||$0.42|
CBD Skin Oil is designed specifically to fight free radicals, enhance the glow of the skin, improve elasticity, boost collagen, and balance skin tone. It contains 84 mg of CBD in a 15 mL bottle.
Wild Crafted CBD Skin Oil Key Ingredients
- Blue Tansy — blue tansy has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can protect your skin from free radicals and reduce irritation.
- Calendula — calendula promotes tighter skin and increases hydration which can reduce signs of aging. It also has antiseptic properties that can help wounds heal faster.
- Coconut Oil — coconut oil is an excellent natural moisturizer. It also has antibacterial properties that can ward off infections and help wounds and burns heal faster.
- Comfrey — comfrey moisturizes the skin and can fight against conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
- Jojoba Oil — Jojoba oil is quite similar to our skin’s natural oils — it works as an effective moisturizer and helps to build a protective layer on your skin.
- Lavender — lavender is antibacterial and can fight off infections. It can also reduce redness, blotchy patches, and scarring. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe irritated skin.
- Vitamin E — vitamin E can reduce sun damage to your skin, encourage the healing of wounds, and reduce the appearance of scars.
What Does LEEF Organics Do Well?
1. Excellent Range of Topicals
Although the company only offers one CBD oil, it has an excellent range of topicals. You’ll find pain-fighting formulas, four types of soaps, and a moisturizing oil — all made to help your skin look and feel its best.
It’s rare to see CBD topicals made with as many additional beneficial ingredients in their formula as LEEF Organics.
2. Symptom-Specific Ingredients
All of LEEF Organics’ CBD topicals include additional beneficial ingredients to help CBD do its job more effectively. These ingredients may reduce pain, inflammation, irritation, or moisturize dry and flaky skin.
Each one of LEEF Organics’ products includes other ingredients that may contribute to healthy and happy skin. Some of these ingredients include coconut oil, calendula, comfrey, jojoba oil, lavender, tea tree oil, and more.
3. Seed to Sale
LEEF Organics is one of the few CBD suppliers that grows its hemp. By growing its hemp, LEEF Organics is able to have a higher level of control over the consistency and quality of its products — whereas many other CBD companies purchase their extracts from a third-party.
Where Could LEEF Organics Improve?
1. Only Tinctures & Topicals
LEEF Organics has a fairly limited product line that only includes a single tincture and four topicals. If you’re looking for vape oils, capsules, edibles, concentrates, or other CBD products, you’ll need to look elsewhere.
2. One Variation per Product
Although LEEF Organics offers a few CBD products, each product is only available in one size, CBD concentration, and scent. LEEF Organics would benefit from adding a few more CBD potencies or package sizes to appeal to more customers’ CBD regimens.
3. High Cost per mg of CBD
If you’re looking for a CBD supplier that’s easy on your bank account, LEEF Organics isn’t it. All of its products range from $0.22 – $1.10 per mg of CBD — which puts it on comfortably on the higher end of the price spectrum.
If you’re on a tight budget, you’ll want to consider another CBD supplier.
Safety & Third-Party Testing
LEEF Organics posts its third-party test results directly on the product pages. The company is open and honest about its extracts, but the test results raise a few questions.
LEEF Organics claims that all of its products are made with “whole-plant extracts,” but the test results betray them. For instance, the Wild Crafted CBD Skin Oil only shows 5.60 mg/mL of CBDa — which is CBD before it has been activated by heat.
The Recover Roll-On is also made with whole-plant extract, but the test results only show CBD — which means that it’s not truly a whole plant extract.
As far as we can see, there aren’t any concerning ingredients in these products, but LEEF Organics doesn’t seem to have all of its facts straight.
Final Verdict: Unique CBD Topicals — But Expensive & Low Potency
LEEF Organics is a solid company in an industry flooded by low-quality CBD suppliers. It uses a few high-quality ingredients in its CBD topicals to complement the effects of CBD.
There’s no doubting the quality of LEEF Organics — most of its products are raw or made with full-spectrum CBD extract. However, LEEF Organics is generally more expensive than many other options on the market.
We consider LEEF Organics products as self-care products with the added benefit of CBD. If you’re looking to benefit mostly from CBD, you’ll probably want to look at other suppliers.
It offers a few great topicals loaded with other beneficial ingredients that may reduce pain and inflammation, or help manage symptoms like acne, dry skin, and irritation.
LEEF Organics is a good company with a high-quality extraction process, but it’s more expensive than competitors.
If you’re in the market for CBD topicals and don’t mind spending a few extra dollars, LEEF Organics is a reputable company.