10 Best CBD Oils for Less Anxiety, Better Sleep, and Better Sex
By this point, you’ve probably tried (or thought about trying) CBD oil in some capacity. You might have even experimented with several CBD oil brands and found some that you love and others that you’d never recommend to a friend.
At the very least, we trust that you’ve probably seen this wellness and self-care trend popping up E V E R Y W H E R E . in seltzers and other beverages, in luxe high-end edibles, or even in certain beauty and skincare products. Martha Stewart has even cashed in on the booming CBD market with a line of CBD pet treats inspired by her friend Snoop.
The medical world has barely begun to scratch the surface of the many potential uses of CBD as an alternative, plant-based form of medicine. From the FDA approving a revolutionary CBD-based drug used to treat epilepsy to studies proving that cannabis has helped patients with glaucoma and those suffering from inflammation, one point is becoming increasingly clear: CBD can help people with all sorts of ailments.
What Is CBD, Exactly?
Short for cannabidiol, CBD is a cannabis compound that has significant health and wellness benefits without any of the psychoactive or euphoric properties often associated with marijuana. It’s legal in all 50 states, and it comes in many forms, from topical tinctures, lotions, and salves, to ingestible gummy bears, brownies, and other edible treats.
Here at Best Products, we’re certainly not newbies when it comes to the healing powers of CBD (hell . you might even say we’re a little CBD-obsessed). We’ve put together a definitive list of our current favorite CBD oil products — and yes, we weeded through some duds that did not meet our criteria.
How We Chose
- Ingredients: We’re only considering products made from full-spectrum CBD oil. Each brand on this list has been through rigorous quality testing, is derived from USA-grown hemp, contains no harsh chemicals or preservatives, and is made from non-GMO ingredients. In short: This list is squeaky clean.
- Effectiveness: As in, this CBD oil does exactly what it is intended to do. Whether that’s to aid with sleep, help with inflammation, or help squash anxiety . these products help make us feel better. We’ve also personally tested and tried every single CBD oil product on this list over the course of 2 years, so there is zero guesswork here.
- Anti-Hype: We’re not choosing these products because we’re influenced by pretty packaging or what other people say. We’re choosing these CBD oil products because we’ve personally tried them and because we believe they simply work.
The Best CBD Oil Brands
- For Cocktails:Rosebud CBD Oil
- For Calm: Sagely Calm & Centered Roll-On
- For Sleep:Gossamer Dusk Sleep Tincture
- For Breakouts:Flora + Bast Age Adapting CBD Serum
- For Chronic Pain:cbdMD CBD Oil Tincture
- For the ‘Gram:Lord Jones Hemp-Derived Full Spectrum CBD Tincture
- For Anxiety:Sunday Scaries CBD Oil Tincture
- For Your Pet:Charlotte’s Web Full Spectrum Hemp Extract Drops for Dogs
- For Intimacy:Foria Awaken Arousal Oil with CBD
- For Focus:Prospect Farms Awaken Tincture
Now that we’re on the same page, here is our editor-tested and -approved list of the best CBD oil products for whatever ails you.
How to Make CBD Chocolate — and the Best Ready-Made Bars to Buy
CBD oil is easily one of the fastest growing wellness trends, and this plant extract is making its way into every drink and food dish imaginable, including desserts. One of the tastiest ways to benefit from this plant compound is through CBD edibles like gummies or chocolate, where the hemp flavor is easily concealed. But what's the big deal about CBD anyway?
Essentially, CBD products have a lot of potential benefits to offer the body. CBD (or cannabidiol) is a plant compound derived from hemp plants that has shown promising therapeutic effects for an array of issues like pain, anxiety, sleep, and much more. There's some science to back-up these claims, but regardless, people can't get enough of CBD.
Because of this, there are new products and recipes available that incorporate hemp oil extracts, including CBD chocolate. And as someone who's been testing out CBD products as an editor at Remedy Review for the past two years, I can attest to the fact that each CBD oil is different, and some are better suited for making hemp-infused chocolate. (Personally, I'm a fan of FAB CBD oil for this purpose.)
For reference, I spend a lot of time reviewing CBD oil products to find the cream of the crop. In my quest to find the highest quality tinctures, I always look for third-party lab test results, pricing, customer reviews, and hemp source, among other criteria. In my research, I have learned that some CBD oils have tasty flavors, others are unpalatable, and some are strong while others are weak. Most importantly, I've honed in on some of the best CBD oils to incorporate into new and innovative recipes.
So, if you're interested in making your own CBD chocolate with the tastiest CBD oil for all your baking endeavors (as well as some tips and tricks for making this particular recipe after learning from my own mistakes), keep reading.
How to Make CBD Chocolate
- CBD oil of your choice (I like using the vanilla or berry flavored FAB CBD oil)
- 10 oz. of chocolate chips (you can use milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, or semi-sweet morsels)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Candy molding trays
- Using a double boiler, slowly heat the coconut oil and chocolate chips until melted and fully incorporated. (Alternatively, you can use a microwave, but be sure to heat the ingredients in increments to avoid burning the chocolate).
- Test the temperature of the chocolate to make sure it is below 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once cooled, add in 1 to 2 milliliters of CBD oil into the melted chocolate mixture.
- Pour chocolate mixture into your candy molds.
- Place the molds in the fridge for 2 hours or more, and enjoy!
Note: After personally trying this recipe at home, I found that it's best to let the chocolate set in the refrigerator for a longer period of time since it contains coconut oil and melts more easily in a room temperature setting.
Tips for Baking with CBD Chocolate
If you plan to use CBD chocolate to make a ganache, truffles, or any other kind of chocolate dessert, it's important to note that high heat (above 350 degrees Fahrenheit) can deteriorate cannabinoids like CBD. So if you want to melt any chocolate or add CBD to a heated mixture, use a food thermometer to keep an eye on the temperature. This will ensure that the hemp extract retains its potency, and that the final product will have the amount of CBD that is intended.
The Best Pre-Made CBD Chocolate Bars
If you're not interested in making your own CBD chocolate at home, there's always the option to buy CBD-infused chocolate products from high quality retailers. You can use these edibles for any of your baking needs, or simply eat it all on its own for a tasty treat.
You Can Put CBD in That: Chocolatey Peanut Butter Brownies
Comedian Rachel Feinstein hits the Delish test kitchen to make tasty, CBD-topped brownies.
One of the best things about CBD is how you can take it in a bunch of forms—including, of course, with chocolate.
As part of our exploration of all things CBD, Marie Claire teamed up with Delish to create a gooey, soft, peanut-butter-frosting-topped brownie with a perfect dose of CBD. And the hilarious Rachel Feinstein joined the party. (Because the only thing more fun than cooking with CBD is cooking with a CBD-enthusiast who’s a comedian!)
Delish’s Lena Abraham brought Rachel into the Delish test kitchen to cook up a storm, make the ultimate CBD dessert, and learn a little bit about cooking with the cannabinoid. (For example, did you know that CBD has a boiling point of between 320°F and 350°F? That means you can’t bake it at the temperature brownies require, which is why mixing CBD into a frosting or a topping is a good choice!)
The full recipe is below, but you should definitely watch the hilarious video to understand exactly how to make them as chocolatey, soft, and chock-full of CBD as Lena and Rachel’s batch.
For the brownies:
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips, divided
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
For the peanut butter swirl:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- CBD oil
(Note: For a 1,000mg vial, like this Rosebud oil, one full dropper is around 33mg; Try to aim for between 15-25mg per serving of the brownies. That means, for this recipe which serves about 12, go for 6 full droppers. Here’s an equation table if you need help.)